A recent $57-million makeover has transformed the Cotton Bowl Stadium into one of the biggest and best outfitted venues for college football in the United States.
With a seating capacity of 92,100, the renovated Cotton Bowl Stadium boasts new turf and utilities. All the old seats have been replaced. The upper decks have been expanded to encircle the bowl and have been improved with wider concourses, more concession stands and sparkling new restrooms. A 5,000-square-foot, multi-purpose media center has been constructed so sportswriters can interview players and coaches before and after games. New exterior facades righten the north and south ends of the bowl, and a state-of-the-art, high-definition video scoreboard and all new sound system have been installed to enhance the total experience for those attending a game.
FACTS & FIGURES
- Giant scoreboard measures 57 feet high and 83 feet wide - 36 concession stands offer 1,100 feet of counter space - 39 restrooms are equipped with 1,100 new toilet fixtures - New media center includes a 2,600-square-foot conference room - 3.1 million pounds of steel and 460,000 pounds of aluminum were required to construct 140,000 feet of new bench seating - Stadium provides 360 wheelchair locations - Light rail provides easy access to and from Downtown Dallas
By Car: Cotton Bowl Stadium is accessible from I-30 using Exit 48B if traveling eastbound or Exit 49B if traveling westbound. For navigation only, use 3750 Cotton Bowl Plaza, Dallas, TX 75210.
By Train or Bus: Dallas Area Rapid Trasit (DART) offers light rail and bus service to Fair Park. DART's Green Line includes two transit stations with easy access to events held in the stadium.
Parking Map: Click on the image to the right for a map of Fair Park.
Mobile phone lookup:3750 Cotton Bowl Plaza, Dallas, TX 75210
- Public parking passes are $20 per vehicle (cash only), and can be purchased on game day.
- RV parking passes are $40 per vehicle (cash only), and can also be purchased on game day.
- RV Parking will open at Noon on December 31. Enter the Fair Grounds at Gate 8.
- RV overnight parking is available. RV overnight parking will be in Lot 8. Cotton Bowl Staff and Platinum Security will be on sight.
- For information regarding public parking passes or RV parking, please contact Harrison Tassopoulos at (214) 774-1370.
Stadium Map MAP OF COTTON BOWL STADIUM: Click on the image to the right to view a map of Cotton Bowl stadium.
The Heart of Dallas Bowl will be at the 92,100-seat historic Cotton Bowl on January 1, 2013 beginning at 11:00 a.m. (CST).
- Parking Gates open at 7:00 a.m. (4 hours prior to kickoff)
- Stadium Gates open at 9:00 a.m. (2 hours prior to kickoff)
- Stadium Ticket Office opens at 9:00 a.m.
- Team/Player Guest Will Call opens at 9:00 a.m.
- The Purdue Band will be located in Section 20.
- The Oklahoma State Band will be located in Section 28.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) SEATING AREAS
Cotton Bowl Stadium has adequate handicap seating. Fans are encouraged to contact the Heart of Dallas Bowl to purchase ADA seating. For any additional questions or to purchase tickets, please call 214-774-1370.
Designated areas for accommodating spectators with disabilities are located with the stadium at various price levels. Each patron may purchase one (1) guest seat in the handicapped section. Box office personnel will make its best efforts to sit any remaining guest as close to the patron in the handicapped seating areas.
TEAM/PLAYER GUEST WILL CALL
Team/Player Guest Will Call is located in the Creative Arts Building by Gate G. Team/Player Guest Will Call will be open at 9:00 a.m. on game day and will stay open until the end of halftime.
GENERAL PUBLIC WILL CALL
General Public Will Call (tickets ordered through the bowl office) is located in the stadium will call booths, located on the north side of Gate A. General Public Will Call will open at 9:00 a.m. on game day and will stay open until the end of halftime.
MEDIA WILL CALL
Media Will Call is located at the elevator on the media press box, south side of Gate A. Media Will Call will open at 8:30 a.m. on game day.
PUBLIC TICKET SALES ON GAME DAY
General ticket sales will be available on game day, at ticket booths next to the Gate A and Gate J entrances. Ticket windows will open at 9:00 a.m. on game day. Sales will be cash only, but there are ATMs on site.
1) Spectators may not bring food or beverage into Cotton Bowl stadium.
2) Cans, bottles, coolers, umbrellas, fireworks, air horns, noisemakers, weapons, illegal contraband, or other hard objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles are prohibited.
3) Alcoholic beverages in any container are prohibited.
4) Video cameras are prohibited for this game.
5) All guests are subject to search by stadium security.
6) Medium bags and purses are allowed inside the stadium, but are subject to search.
1) No one is allowed on the playing field without proper credentials.
2) Should guests experience any discomfort because of the actions of others, please report any incident to the nearest usher. The usher will then see assistance to alleviate the problem. All ushers and usher supervisors are provided by Cotton Bowl Stadium.
3) All children 24 months and older will require a ticket to enter the stadium. Children under 24 months do not require a ticket, but must sit in the lap of a parent during the game.