Postgame Notes: Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl
Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl Postgame Notes
• Army DB Elijah Riley became just the second player in Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl history to record multiple interceptions in a game, joining Houston’s Nick Saenz, who had two vs. Penn State in 2012.
• Army LB Jeremy Timpf tied the Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl record with 15 tackles (12 solo). Quentin Davie of Northwestern set the record with 15 stops vs. Texas Tech in 2011.
• Army becomes the seventh different school to win the Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl in the seven-year history of the game.
• The seven-point margin of victory by Army matched Texas Tech in the inaugural 2011 game for the closest game in Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl history.
• The team scoring first has now won six of the first seven Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowls. The exception was 2013 when UNLV scored first vs. North Texas, but the Mean Green won, 36-14.
• This was the first overtime game of the 2016-17 bowl season.
• Army’s rushing attempts (79) and rushing yards (480) were the most by any school during the 2016-17 bowl season.